Saturday, October 20, 2007

Hairlip Dan

In an effort to make myself as unattractive as possible I´ve decided to grow out my facial hair. For those of you that know me and know I only have to shave about once a week, you know that this is truly a daring feat. For those of you that don´t know me, know this: I don´t really have facial hair, stubble doesn´t exist, and what does grow is sparse and only present in the moustache/goatee area of my face. Better but, in the words of Dennis Miller from Joe Dirt `you mean you are so inbred with White Trash DNA that your facial hair actually grows in all white trashy like that?` Not his most poetic work but it gets the point across nicely.

The reasons for my doing so are threefold:
1) I get really lazy when it comes to shaving
2) Frugality - Shaving cream is expensive here and `travel size` doesn´t exist
3) Practicality - Shaving cream is bulky, takes up luggage space, and can´t make it through on a carry on

My previous record for days without shaving was somewhere around 12, leaving me looking slightly more masculine than your local 15 year old backwoods boy who is trying to impress his girlfriend/cousin. Right now I´say I´m somewhere around day 20, and although my manstache has grown in darker and thicker than previous there is one slight problem: very little hair grows below the bridge of my nose. I´m not sure if this is common among men and I just don´t have the fullness or if I am some kind of hairless freak, but I am left with what looks like a cleft between the two sides of my mustache: essentially a hairlip. It´s subtle but beautiful in it´s own oddity and I´ve decided to keep it, so from hear on own just assume that every interaction I talk about people are having to deal with covering up any reaction to my temporary oddity.

No comments: